* HPD SMOKE DETECTORS NOTICE- Smoke Detecting Devices Notice (Gold ,ALUMINUM SIGNS 8.5X11,28 RCNY § 12-12.1)-THE ORO LINE
HPD SMOKE DETECTORS NOTICE (BRUSH ALUMINIUM)
Material: Aluminum HPD Smoke detector notice Sign
Size 8.5 inch x 11 Inch
HPD required sign : Yes
Part #: HPD 27-2045 GM
Sign letters color: black
Sign background color: Gold Aluminum
Heavy duty -Two Sided tape at the back of the sign
Sign type: Wall Mounted Indoor.
DISCLAIMER to comply with the New York City Consumer
Protection Law which applies to all businesses operating in New York City:
HPDsigns.com is a small family-owned and family-operated Brooklyn-based
business. HPDsigns.com is not a City of New York store nor are the website,
products or services affiliated with the City of New York or any agency of the
City of New York. HPDsigns.com itself, its business, website, products,
services, or any hyperlinks from its website are not sponsored by, approved by,
affiliated with, endorsed by, or connected to the City of New York or any
agency of the City of New York, including but not limited to HPD, DOB, DOT,
DSNY, FDNY directly or by implication
THIS IS THE NEW HPD REQUIRED SIGN
Sign Group : NYC DOB, NYC HPD , Management Hallway Sign, DOB Saftey Sign , NYC Construction signs, hpd required signs,hpd signs, NYC Fire department sign, NY fire Department required sign,hpd notice, Property Management Signs
To see hpd required checklist click here
SMOKE DETECTOR NOTICE – NEW SIGN EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 18 2017
Effective October 18, 2017, the HPD made changes to the SMOKE DETECTOR NOTICE and adopted the rules of Local Law 153.
Building owners and managers must post the new smoke detector notice in their buildings to avoid HPD violations. In addition, effective October 18, 2017, the HPD has amended the procedures for recordkeeping for smoke detectors. The following must be kept on the premises or in the business office of the managing agent or owner. (we are listing the Amended procedures, for a full list, please CLICK HERE and look at page 4 of 12).
HMC § 27-2045 -Post notice regarding smoke detectors: Post smoke detector requirements in a form approved by HPD at or near mailboxes. View Sample Notice - Smoke Detectors for smoke detectors only or Sample Notice - Combined Notice for smoke detectors/carbon monoxide detectors and gas leak notice. Section 12-12.1 of Chapter 12 of Title 28 of the Rules of the City of New York describes conditions under which a combined notice may be used
To see hpd required checklist click here
Customer "OMG I just bought a sign in an Hardware store and I failed an inspection. Why is that ? "
It has been brought to our attention that lots of hardware companies sales the old signs or signs that are not in compliant sign with HPD criteria.
What Are the HPD required signs ?
What are the new signs of HPD effective 10-2017?
Date of installation of each smoke detecting device, as well as records illustrating the device installed has met the NYC code requirements, including the manufacturer’s suggested useful life of each device;
- Records showing that the maintenance performed on each device has met the NYC code requirements
THESE RECORDS MUST BE MADE AVAILABLE TO THE COMMISSIONER OF THE HPD UPON REQUEST.
Sec. 27-2045 Duties of owner and occupant with respect to installation and maintenance of smoke detecting devices in class A multiple dwelling.
a. It shall be the duty of the owner of a class A multiple dwelling which is required to be equipped with smoke detecting devices pursuant to article six of subchapter seventeen of chapter one of this title to:
1. provide and install one or more approved and operational smoke detecting devices in each dwelling unit. Such devices shall be installed in accordance with the requirements of reference standard 17-12.
2. post a notice in a form approved by the commissioner in a common area of the building informing the occupants of such building that the owner is required by law to install one or more approved and operational smoke detecting devices in each dwelling unit in the building and that each occupant is responsible for the maintenance and repair of such devices and for replacing any or all such devices which are stolen, removed, missing or rendered inoperable during the occupancy of such dwelling unit.
3. replace any smoke detecting device which has been stolen, removed, missing or rendered inoperable during a prior occupancy of the dwelling unit and which has not been replaced by the prior occupant prior to the commencement of a new occupancy of a dwelling unit.
4. replace within thirty calendar days after the receipt of written notice any such device which becomes inoperable within one year of the installation of such device due to a defect in the manufacture of such device and through no fault of the occupant of the dwelling unit.
5. keep such records as the commissioner shall prescribe relating to the installation and maintenance of smoke detecting devices in the building and make such records available to the commissioner upon request.
b. Notwithstanding the provisions of subdivision a of section 27-2005 of article one of this subchapter and subdivision c of section 27-2006 of article one of this subchapter, it shall be the sole duty of the occupant of each dwelling unit in a class A multiple dwelling in which a smoke detecting device has been provided and installed by the owner pursuant to the provisions of article six of subchapter seventeen of chapter one of this title to:
1. keep and maintain such device in good repair; and
2. replace any and all devices which are either stolen, removed, missing or rendered inoperable during the occupancy of such dwelling unit.
c. Except as otherwise provided in paragraphs three and four of subdivision a of this section, an owner of a class A multiple dwelling who has provided and installed a smoke detecting device in a dwelling unit pursuant to this section shall not be required to keep and maintain such device in good repair or to replace any such device which is stolen, removed, missing or rendered inoperable during the occupancy of such dwelling unit.
d. The occupant of a dwelling unit in which a battery-operated smoke detecting device is provided and installed pursuant to this section shall reimburse the owner a maximum of ten dollars for the cost of providing and installing each such device. The occupant shall have one year from the date of installation to make such reimbursement.
e. For the purposes of this section, the term "class A" multiple dwelling shall include garden-type maisonette dwellings constructed before April eighteenth, nineteen hundred fifty-four and the term "garden-type maisonette dwellings" shall be defined as any dwelling project consisting of a series of dwelling units which together and in their aggregate are arranged or designed to provide three or more apartments, and are provided as a group collectively with all essential services such as, but not limited to, house sewers and heat, and which are operated as a unit under single ownership, notwithstanding that certificates of occupancy were issued for portions thereof as private dwellings.
Sec. 27-2046 Duties of owner with respect to installation and maintenance of smoke detecting devices in class B multiple dwellings.
It shall be the duty of the owner of a class B multiple dwelling which is required to be equipped with smoke detecting devices pursuant to article six of subchapter seventeen of chapter one of this title to:
1. provide and install one or more approved and operational smoke detecting devices in each dwelling unit or, in the alternative, provide and install a line-operated zoned smoke detecting system with central annunciation and central office tie-in for all public corridors and public spaces, pursuant to rules and regulations promulgated by the commissioner of buildings.
2. keep and maintain smoke detecting devices in good repair.
3. replace any smoke detecting device which has been stolen, removed, missing or rendered inoperable prior to the commencement of a new occupancy of a dwelling unit.
4. keep such records as the commissioner shall prescribe relating to the installation and maintenance of smoke detecting devices in each dwelling unit and make such records available to the commissioner upon request.
5. Smoke detectors. Smoke detector requirements must be posted at or near mailboxes, using an HPD-approved form.
For More Information of the code click here
Question and answers about HPD Signage requirements Please click HPD signs Q&A
To read More About HPD Required signs Notices New York City click Here
NYC official web site for HPD SIGNAGE REQUIREMENTS -CLICK HERE
What type of HPD Violations are?
Please click on the link below to see sample of NYC hpd Violations
Shipping and Handling Cost:
Our Shipping is fixed whether you buy 1 item or 20 items (We Ship within USA Only) - do not miss this opportunity to buy all signs needed at no additional shipping cost.
We are required to collect sales tax on any product sold on this site and shipped to an address in New York. The sales tax is 8.875 percent.
The requirements for sign content are determined by intended use and by applicable regulation. The BUYER is responsible for determining the appropriate content for a sign or package of signs. HPDSigns.com makes no warranty or representation of suitability of a sign for any specific application. IT IS THE CUSTOMER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT THE SIGNS THE CUSTOMER ORDERS ARE IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL STATE, FEDERAL, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS. Please review terms and conditions prior to purchase.
For more information about what is required, see the laws that are referenced and the rules applicable to your city and state. This page is for informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice, professional advice or a statement of law. You may wish to consult with an attorney.
Find us on:
At HPDsigns we specialize with all NYC Department of Building signage (DOB), NYC Housing Preservation and Development signage (HPD) and NYC Department of Transportation signage (DOT). Our objective is to provide property managers, construction site operators and building owners with signs required by NYC agencies and NYC Fire Department, aluminum signs, warnings and notices for quick and heavy duty installation,required building signs, aluminum signs to install in buildings with proper HPD designation, as well as HPD SMOKE DETECTORS NOTICEs